H-E-B is proud to be the presenting sponsor of the Tailgater of the Game. H-E-B Tailgater of the Game judges will be roaming the NRG Stadium parking lots trying to find the best tailgate setup. We challenge you to make H-E-B a strong feature in presenting your tailgate experience to the judges who will be looking for Team Spirit, Food (Exclusive H-E-B Presence is a must!), Originality and Hospitality in their search to crown the H-E-B Tailgater of the Game. This is your chance to take the challenge, get your creative juices flowing, and show us your best tailgate experience! The winning tailgate will be recognized during the game on the video board and will win an H-E-B gift card.
We strongly encourages fans to take advantage of tailgate opportunities at all of its college football games. We want all fans at NRG Stadium to have the finest tailgating experience possible, so we have established a few guidelines to make your tailgating party great:
- All Parking lots (unless otherwise noted) will open four hours prior to kickoff.
- Parking is first-come, first-served for the first hour; saving spots will not be allowed. If you would like to tailgate near friends, please arrive together.
- NRG Stadium entrance gates will open 90 minutes prior to kickoff.
- Tailgating will be limited to one 8’x 16’ space for each valid parking hangtag, and must not cross over into the drive lane designated by the blue lines down each aisle.
- RV’s, buses, and oversized vehicles will need to pre-purchase a minimum of two parking spots and need to park in the designated RV areas in each lot.
- If you plan to extend sides or set chairs outside of your RV or Bus you will need parking hangtags in addition to the ones for the space that will be used by your vehicle.
- Barbecues in tow will also be required to have an additional pre-purchased hangtag. You will not be allowed to buy one at the gate.
- No Music system speakers may exceed 18” tall and 12” wide
- Music speakers may not produce sound greater than 68 decibels in accordance to the City of Houston sound ordinance Sections 30.1-30.9
- Liquid charcoal starter or other flammable liquids are strictly prohibited. Charcoal may be started with an electrical starter designed for this purpose or quick starting charcoal is recommended. Open flames are allowed but all barbecue pits left unattended must be extinguished.
- Ash containers, trash containers and port-o-lets are located in each lot.
- Hot ashes, cinders, smothering coal, disposable LP-gas cylinders or other hot materials must be disposed of in the Orange dumpsters only.
- Trash must be disposed of the in the Green dumpsters only.
- For safety purposes, all tents, chairs, etc. must be put away before entering NRG Stadium.
- In order to ensure the safety of our fans, no golf carts, Segways, motorized coolers, skateboards, bicycles, or large balloons will be allowed for use by fans in the parking lots.
- We do not grant the right to display advertising, banners or signs, or distribute promotional items on property. Fans may be asked to remove inappropriate banners or signs.
- All cooking equipment shall be situated away from crowds, buildings, vehicles or combustible materials. A minimum clearance distance of 3 feet is required.
- A minimum class 2A-10B:C fire extinguisher with a current service tag is required at each cooking area.
- LP-gas cooking appliances shall be UL listed and approved for use. LP-gas cylinders shall be secured in an upright position to keep from falling and positioned to prevent impact from vehicle traffic. Portable generators are not to be filled while running and fuel must be in a UL listed safety can (2 gal. max). Portable generators and fuel must be stored away from cooking appliances.
- Guests are welcome to continue tailgating up to one hour after the end of the game. However, in some instances guests may be asked to clear the parking lots before that time.
- Any violation of the fire safety regulations will be subject to citations being issued by the City of Houston Fire Inspector.
- For any further information regarding these guidelines or any other questions on the day of the game please call 832-667-1400.